First I tried to modify the akka example from typesafe to work with the new scala and akka versions, you can find the modyfied project here (with eclipse plugin).

Changes I made were to fix compilation due to classes moved from Akka into scala concurent (SIP-14) and some changes so all 8 cores of my system will be working for a little more.

It was nice to see that all of them were on full capacity during the run, if you try it with 4 workers you can see that about 1/2 of the cpu capacity is not used.

Also I find usefull to use eclipse with-source=true in sbt to download the sources, makes browsing the code in eclipse a brease.